mu's world

nothingness

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Stupid, yet frustrating none the less...

I think I've been doing laundry since I got home this afternoon. It's 10:30 and my first load of laundry is STILL drying. What the heck? Oh how I miss the days when my very own washer and dryer were in my kitchen. Ugh. This is one of the things I miss about our old apartment.
Our new place isn't all that bad. It's better than I thought it would be. But there are a few things that I really miss. I miss the washer and dryer, our big bedroom that was very far away from the kitchen (our new bedroom is right next to the kitchen), the spacious bathroom (anything is bigger than what we've got now), our little porch, and the fan over the stove. Little things like that I miss. The new place has some real good features like huge windows, no rugs, a claw-foot tub, a real yard with grass (though pretty small), nice landlords, much cheaper cable, a gas stove, and lots of sun for almost all of the day. There are a lot of good things. But right now it is a little difficult to remember because I kind of want to go to bed but I can't because my first load is still drying and I need to put the other one in before I go to sleep. And oh yeah...the reason why everything is so backed up is because our landlord's load spent over 3 HOURS in the dryer and they still aren't dry and I really should put them back in before they go to find their clothes.
In other news...
I passed in my resume today. ACK! I did it, I really did it. And now, though I'm lying through my teeth that it doesn't matter...I'll be really upset if I didn't get this job. If I don't get this job then I don't know what to do. The fact of the matter is is that I make absolute shit-for-money where I am now. Yes, I like my job (most days). But...we need to pay the rent and bills and what I'm making right now is just not enough to significantly contribute to that. So...besides that this new job would be a promotion and all that...we really need the money. REALLY NEED the money. If it doesn't work out I don't know what I'll do.
Let's see...what else...did anyone else watch that ridiculous Britney Spears show? I know, I know...I was asking for it to be something totally assinine...but it was even WORSER than I expected. Wow...
Okay...I'm going to go...I'm hoping that my clothes will be dryer in the next 20 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home