mu's world

nothingness

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Oh joy...life is so very fun

Allow me some bitterness right now. Okay...really...Britney Spears and what's-his-face are having a kid. Life is kind of too unfair sometimes. That's all I'll say about that.

Anyway...yeah...things are stressful. I'm slowly running out of time on a couple of things. My paper is due in eight days. I've done absolutely nothing. We get our keys to our new place on Friday. Our current apartment is probably about a fourth packed. Maybe not even that much. Friends from Montana (pregnant friends) are coming around this weekend AND a friend from California is also making an appearance (but he'll be around for a couple of weeks, so there's not as much of a rush for a visit with him...and who knows...maybe we could use him to help us move).

As stressful as all of this is, however, I do have to take a little comfort in knowing that things could be worse. (Does that sound awful?) Really, I mean...I had to witness some co-workers go through some really shitty stuff today and as hard as things are for me and Star right now, we are fortunate in so many other things. I have to remind myself of this more often. Especially in the next couple of weeks. One of my co-workers found out that another spot has been found on her liver. In the last 6 months, she has had both breast and lung cancer removed. She just finished radiation a couple of weeks ago and hasn't yet had a chance to feel the least bit normal. Another co-worker had a policeman come to our museum today to tell her that her husband has been trying to call her. Apparently (we don't know all of the facts yet), her brother-in-law committed suicide and her husband had been trying to call her.
Those things are very terrible. Please send good vibes to those people.

So...I'm going to attempt to keep my chin up. Maybe I may need to start drinking caffeine until this paper is done with. I WILL (really, I will) feel a bit relieved once this paper is done. There are a lot of good, real good aspects of my life. My husband being 95% of what is good (great) about my life. And at the moment he is making me dinner...so I should go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home