mu's world

nothingness

Thursday, January 13, 2005

It's true...be careful what you wish for

Or hope for.
With Star being sick for the last week, I was wondering when I was going to get whatever it was. His sickness started around Wednesday/Thursday of last week. Over the weekend I hoped that if I got sick that it would happen after my HSG. Sure enough...yesterday morning I woke up with swollen glands and a sore throat. It seemed to have gone away over the course of the day...but today...I woke up with the feeling even more so and with a nasty sounding/tasting cough. And the feeling never went away.
Apparently...I'm sick.
Oh well.
The worst part is that I kind of feel like I can't call out. I know I can, technically. But there is something in me that doesn't want to. This is such a terrible thing I'm about to say (but hey this is my blog and it's somewhat anonymous) but, the reason why I don't want to call out is because I secretly want to show up one of my co-workers who has called out at least one day a week for the last three weeks. How terrible does that sound? I know...it's pretty terrible. Anyway...this chic likes to milk everything for all it's worth. The first day she called out, she told me the day before that she didn't think she was going to make it in the next day. But, somehow she was able to laugh, sing, and carry-on with my other obnoxious co-worker. I feel like if you were really sick...you wouldn't be up for that.
Well, anyway...I don't feel good, but I'm not really that bad off. My job right now (winter season, really slow) is extremely low-key and if I need to go run to the bathroom to cough out my brains, no one will notice or care. Well...they may care...but I won't be bothering anything.
We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

1 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2005 at 7:42 PM, Blogger Crista said…

    Congrats on the good HSG results! I'm sure it also feels good to just have it behind you...and aside from the low progesterone, it sounds like it's more than possible that your m/c were due to random chromosomal abnormalities...that can be frustrating, but ultimately it means that chances are very good that you will carry a healthy baby to term, when you're ready to try again.

    Sorry to hear that you're sick. It's that time of year, but it sucks no matter what! As for wanting to show up up your co-worker, I don't think that's so bad at all. In fact, I've done things like that before myself! :)Don't overdo it, though -- make sure to take care of yourself, and feel better soon...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home