mu's world

nothingness

Thursday, January 27, 2005

It's happened...

We just got word today that our best friends (the ones that just got married in September and moved to Montana in October) are expecting a baby.
Oh boy.
Needless to say, I'm feeling a whole range of emotions. Yes, jealousy is one of things, but not quite like how I thought I would feel it. The jealousy plays more in the way that I really wish we could be near them while they are going through this amazing thing. I am so sad that they live three days away. I want to be there to take S shopping for the baby. I want to watch her belly grow. I want to see B (husband) transform into the proud papa. I mostly (right now anyway) feel sad that we aren't near.
Of course, all of this has pretty strange timing...as these sorts of things would. If my first pregnancy had lasted, February 1st would be my due date. I can't help but imagine how cool it would be for me to be on my last week of pregnancy, listening to B and S news.
There's so much to say right now. But I won't get into it at the moment.
Life is so strange. Timing in life is even stranger.

1 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2005 at 10:20 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Been there (well, minus the distance) and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Quite frankly, you're dealing with it much better than I did. My SIL was due the same month as me the first time around, so I have a little nephew who is the same age as my first would have been, and my BF from childhood was due around the same time as my second, so her little boy is a constant reminder of what should have been the second time. The pregnancies were extremely hard for me, and I couldn't even go to BF's shower. SIL's was pure hell. I love their little ones and was (am) nothing but happy for them, but it's still hard no matter what. Just let yourself feel what you feel, and know you're not alone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home