mu's world

nothingness

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Sweet relief ahead

Not too much going on today. I am on to my four day (yay!) weekend. And just in time too because the freaks visiting the museum in the last three days were really wearing down on my last nerve. I've been in "customer service" (whatever the hell that means) for the last eight years (when did I drop out of college?) of my life. Though I've been doing it for a little while now, I'm still always amazed by the idiots that come in thinking that they have an original thought in their head. When I was working the coffee shops it was the idiots coming in around Christmas thinking that the gift cards or mugs were a really cool idea. Then when they came in two days before Christmas, they'd be really surprised that we were low on stock because everybody else had the same exact idea. Duh.
At the museum...it's much the same. For the last month the place as been insanely slow. There are usually more (like twice the amount) staff and volunteers at the place than guests. This week, being the time when just about every one has time off, the place has been packed out. People have been "testy" with me because they are surprised to find out that every body else also decided to come visit the museum. Things are sold out, the place is crowded, etc. It's just funny to me.
Anyway, I'm glad to be out for the rest of week. When I go back it will be back to super slow.
Yipee.
So...one holiday down...another to go. New Year's. What the heck are we going to do? I have no idea really. Star's buddy (I've spoken about him before) is coming around Friday night. He'll be in around 7 pm and from there...I don't know what will be next. Hopefully something chill. That's what Star wants too. We were just thinking about hanging around here until around 11 and then go down to the local pub...just to bring in the New Year.
Here's hoping the New Year is SO much better than the last (the last six months).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home