mu's world

nothingness

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Nope...I didn't skip town...though it was tempting

I'm back!
I know, it's been a while since I've blogged. I attempted this morning, but mid-way through, my mother called. So, since I can't write and talk at the same time...I just erased what I had and decided to do this later.
Gee...what's happened in the last week since I was last here? Kerry lost. I'm very saddened by this. I think I've finally gotten over my initial shock. The most shocking thing to me was realizing that the majority of people really wanted that man (Bush) in office still. I do not understand it...but I guess I've got four years to figure that one out. Oh well. I keep hinting to my husband that we should move to Canada. Maybe it'd be fun to be an ex-patriate.
What else? Oh yes...it was my birthday on Thursday. I didn't get what I really wanted for birthday (a new president), but I did have a lovely day. I was awakened by my beautiful husband who had planned a little scavenger hunt for me. I got some good music and a book. I did go to work and got to eat some chocolate cake before 10 am (my manager makes cakes for every body's birthday). In the evening we went out for dinner with some of my closest friends. It was a really good birthday. I didn't have any expectations and I didn't plan anything. And...probably one of the nicest parts was that neither me nor my husband had to work on Friday, so we were able to stay out late and wake up late.
On Friday, we headed North to Montreal (probably my favorite city). The weekend away was my real birthday gift. We stayed at the Sheraton right downtown, up on the 23rd floor. The weekend was perfect. We went to the Museum des Beaux Arts, walked around the city, ate, and drank. It was exactly what we needed...a weekend away.
So...now we are back. Back to real life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home