mu's world

nothingness

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sunday night already?!?!?!?!?!?!

How the hell did this happen so fast?
It's Sunday night!
I did almost absolutely nothing this weekend. I mean, yeah...it was sort of my plan and all. But, I just can't believe that the end of the weekend is here. And what makes it all worse is that for almost everyone else around here, it's a three day weekend. Not for me. Nope. I'm working tomorrow. Yeah...I shouldn't complain because I am getting Wednesday off. That is my day off in place of the holiday. Wednesday will be good because no one else will have it off.
Anyway...I have done nothing this weekend. Friday night we went to my sister's apartment for a delicious dinner. I pigged out. She is the most wonderful cook I know. She made a turkey pot pie with a thyme-cranberry crust. And for dessert, bread pudding. Yum! After dinner we came back to our apartment (she lives a block away) to watch the presidential debate.
Yesterday...I slept in until around 10:30 and watched TV. That was about it.
Today...I slept in until around 11:00, watched TV, and got my husband to take me on a really nice ride. We went to the beach, collected shells, and then stopped on the way home to pick up some stuff for dinner. Today was perfect, actually. I'm just kind of bummed out that tomorrow is the beginning of the work week.
Oh yeah...and I've been eating a lot. I don't know what my deal is. I feel like it's possible that I've gained a couple of pounds this weekend. I wish I could blame it on being PMS-ish...but I don't think that's the problem yet.
Meanwhile, I think my cold is just about over. My head feels better, there's almost no snot, and I'm less achy. I do still have a wicked cough once in a while, but that's kind of normal for me after I'm done with a cold. I'm glad that this is almost over.
So...as you can see...it's been a pretty uneventful weekend. I'm content with it though (even if it sounds like I'm complaining). Life has been too much lately. It's kind of a relief to have a break.
I need to do some sit-ups or something.

1 Comments:

  • At October 10, 2004 at 9:02 PM, Blogger Omni said…

    My husband is currently feeling quite proud of himself for having gotten through the weekend and not done anything... lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home