mu's world

nothingness

Thursday, October 28, 2004

It's all good

I'm back in a "happy" place this evening.
After stressing all day with the thought of going to the bank in the back of my mind, I got through the day. As soon as I got home from work, I forced Star to get up and go to the bank with me. We had a very helpful gentleman take care of our problems and relieve us of our fears. Apparently the strange card number was a supposed number that was given to Star way back. And...that's about all they can figure out right now. The good news is that we don't have to get all new debit cards, checks, etc. And...tomorrow...our checking account will be credited back the $300 dollars that had been spent as of today. Can you believe it? They are going to start an investigation and we'll see what will happen from there.
Whew.
So, after the bank we went for sushi and spent too much.
Oh well.
So...Halloween is around the corner. I've got to admit that I don't really care so much for the "holiday" anymore. I feel like it' s something for kids. I don't enjoy dressing up, I haven't since I was about 21. We've been invited to three parties this weekend, and I don't really want to go to any. One of them is a ways a way...so we have a good excuse. Another is tomorrow night in the next town over. I think Star is going to go. I'm just not up for it. I don't really know anyone there and I don't really care to meet anyone new. I'm still not feeling too social. I really have a hard time going to parties with strangers and trying to act like I'm interested in talking to them. I suppose I'm a snob at times. I'm also lazy. And...the last time we were at the house of the party that is going on tomorrow night...it was about a week after my second miscarriage. The last party was my first time being around a lot of people after going through that. So...there are some associations that go with that.
I'm kind of looking forward to the weekend being over, already. I want to get through the Halloween party stuff. I'm ready for some peace.
For now...things are looking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home