mu's world

nothingness

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Having a lame Saturday night while someone is spending my money in France

I probably shouldn't even waste your time (or mine) blogging because I don't really have too much to say. I'm kind of bored and in the mood to type. Does that sound strange? I like to type. I should have been a receptionist or something.
Anyway...not too much to report. Star is doing some work for my neighbor's business tonight. It kind of sucks, but I guess I may be getting used to it. I got to watch and hour of "Sex in the City". That kind of made my boring Saturday night a little better.
We did get out today, a little. I bought a fabulous orange bag and we saw the film "I Heart Huckabees". Very, very, very good. I highly recommend it. It was interesting to see that eight people walked out on the film. They were probably bored or something. It's the kind of film that you've got to be into or you will be lost or bored. It's a philosophical film/movie. But it's also really funny. Who knew that Mark Wahlberg could be hilarious.
Oh, this is interesting. Earlier tonight, I was looking at our checking account on the internet. I check in frequently to see which checks have gone through, etc. Anyway, as I was looking through all of the action going on in our account, I came across five transactions that made no sense at all. I called my husband in to see if the numbers or names made any connection. He didn't recognize them. Apparently, it seems that somebody is using our account to pay for random items in France and Spain. I kid you not! We aren't quite sure yet. And of course, we discover this all on a Saturday night and the bank won't be opened for another day. Anyway...it seems like these purchases are being made from highway stores or something. They all seem to have route numbers on them. It's crazy. The most maddening part of all of this is that I feel jealous because our money seems to be being spent in a part of the world that I've always wanted to go to and have never been. UGH! I'm pissed. The more I think about it, the more I'm pissed. It's all very strange. And even stranger, is the the amount in which these transactions are in. One transaction was for just 89 cents, another for about 71 dollars.
Crazy.
I'm hoping/wondering if maybe it's the bank's mistake. I hope we get all of our money back.

1 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2004 at 7:43 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    That's crazy!! Are you sure there's no bank number you can call for emergencies, like to report a lost or stolen debit card? I know that might screw you up in terms of being able to spend money for a few days, but that really sucks. I hope you get all of your money back, too. You certainly should given that it'll be pretty easy to prove that you haven't been in France and Spain recently. What a pain in the ass.

    Hope you did something fun to celebrate your "anniversary" this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home