mu's world

nothingness

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Fresh start

I just realized that I haven't been writing too much this week. I suppose I have a couple of excuses. The main one being that I've been sick. I don't know what the hell it is that I have. It started on Monday and has slowly gotten worse. Thursday and Friday were probably the worst days. Today (so far) I feel a little better. But then, I'm not at work. Being able to stay home when you are sick helps out a whole lot. My plans for today are to do absolutely nothing. I'm going to stay in my pajamas and let my husband do things for me.
Good news! I did not have to get a D&C. I went for bloodwork early yesterday morning before I went into work. I was shocked by how quickly everything went. I think I definitely got in before everyone else did. As I was walking out to my car, I noticed that there was a line at the registration desk. Whew! Anyway, I got right in and had a very sweet Russian woman named Lyudmila take my blood. She seemed almost excited to talk to me because my first name is also Russian. We talked about Russian names, etc while she took my blood and didn't hurt me at all. As I left the hospital, I felt hopeful...like I was really leaving for a little while. And I also had the idea that it'd be cool to name our daughters with Russian first names. Maybe we could have Russian first names with flower middle names. Anyway, I was also surprised to find myself thinking positively about children's names without feeling sick about it.
Immediately after my bloodwork I went to work and actually kind of forgot about the fact that I was waiting for pretty important results. At about 1 pm, I went to look at my cell phone and saw that I did indeed have a message from the doctor's office. I listened to the message from the nurse telling me that the results were good and where they wanted to see them and that they just wanted me to call back because the doctor had a question for me.
Yippee!
So, I called back and the nurse was very excited and said that doctor was relieved. Doc wanted to know what I wanted to do about birth control. I asked the nurse to send some literature from their office. I kind of feel torn. I was on the pill for three years up until about a year and a half ago. When I first was put on it, I experienced some pretty bad mood swings and depression. So, they changed my pill and for a while all was good until my periods started doing strange things. Every fourth month my period would come early and last for about two weeks. After about a year of that, I decided (with prompting from my husband and switching of pills from my old doctor) to go off the pill. I was happy with my decision because I felt different in a couple of ways. I felt like I was less cranky and bitchy. My sex drive was up more than it had been. And I was just content with knowing that I wasn't putting extra hormones into my body. It felt more natural.
I'm still thinking that I don't want to go back on the pill. But I know that I definitely need to do something. We can't afford/handle to accidently get pregnant again. We need to be intentional now.
So...that's what's going on now.

2 Comments:

  • At October 9, 2004 at 4:04 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    I'm so glad that the news was good yesterday! Birth control is a big issue. Take your time making your decision!

    {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

     
  • At October 10, 2004 at 5:14 PM, Blogger Kether said…

    I am also glad that the news was good. Your doctor sounds fantastic! Finding the right birth control is a difficult thing, I wish you luck in your choice.
    I love Russian names and the Russian language and a Russian first name and a flower middle name sounds so beautiful. Glad you can think of names without it causing pain...that's a step in the right direction!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home