mu's world

nothingness

Monday, September 27, 2004

I survived

I survived the weekend. I made it through. It wasn't quite as bad as I was preparing for. At some points it was difficult to have a good attitude, but I did manage somehow.
Friday night was enjoyable. I came home after work and just before me and Star were about to go out for dinner, my sister came around with a bouquet of roses and a nice card. I had talked to her on Thursday night and looking back, I think I was on the verge of tears. So, she was thinking of me and wanted to do something nice for me. We (me and Star) insisted that she come out to dinner for us. She finally agreed and then later we went computer window-shopping for her.
Late Friday night, our houseguests showed up (R and B). We stayed up for a bit and then finally went to bed. Saturday morning we all puttered around the house and then left for NH/Vermont at around 3 pm. I was looking forward to going to Vermont, but I wasn't quite up for our company.
To shorten the description of the weekend, the concert on Saturday night was utterly unbelievably amazing. I was feeling annoyed and slightly uncomfortable before the show. But once the music (Richie Havens) started, that all fell to the side. We stayed at the house of parents of a friend's friend. The house was huge with the most spectacular view. The foliage is starting and will probably be at it's peak in about a week or so. I think I would of enjoyed myself more if we'd been with different people. I wasn't comfortable. I couldn't let myself relax. I really wanted to because we were in a place that I really enjoy...but I think it was the company.
Anyway...we got home around 5 yesterday evening. The weekend went by too quickly. I am now completely obsessed with Vermont and farmer's markets. I was looking at a real estate magazine and couldn't believe my eyes. A home with 3 bedrooms on 22 acres of land was going for 95,000 dollars. Around here (North of Boston), we'd be lucky to find a 2 bedroom condo with no parking for $180,000. Something is wrong with this picture.
I do love living in the city. A month ago I would never have thought of even wanting to visit the country. I think it's a mixture of things. Our closest friends are all moving away. We realize that we can barely keep afloat in the economy around here. And...I suppose I'm feeling like I'm nesting though I can't seem to stay pregnant. Maybe if we could manage a home to settle down in, maybe we could stay pregnant.
I think I just want a change.
Of course, in a month I'll be thinking differently again.

1 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2004 at 12:03 PM, Blogger Mias2Angels said…

    Hi Hun! Since I am new to your blog, I am unsure of what this weekend was about, but I wanted to offer you soem (((((HUGS)))) for making it through! Was it an angel day for you?

    Sounds like you were able to enjoy yourself at the concert and your sister sounds like a dear! Oh more (((HUGS))), I hope you get to feeling better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home