mu's world

nothingness

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I hate Tuesdays

Ick...Tuesday. For the last four? or five? Tuesdays in a row (yes, I've lost count), I've had to make a visit to the blood lab at the local hospital. It's not so much the needle that bothers me. The sight of my own blood doesn't freak me out. And even the slightly rude, manly looking woman that always seems to be there on Tuesday evenings doesn't bother me the most. It's the very clear reminder every week that I had a miscarriage.
Since we've come back from Vermont, I feel a little stronger. A little more positive. But Tuesday nights are very hard. I do usually tear up a little on the way home. Tonight will be strange because I'll be going by myself. My husband has a meeting after work and I want to get this done and over with. Star (my name for him on this blog) is so good to/for me. He's been there for every blood taking, every drive to the doctor's office, for every cry. I think it's sometimes easy to forget about the men in these situations. I suppose because it all happens in our bodies, the focus is on the woman and how she feels.
Anyway...I'm hoping for a break for next week. I know that on the 4th when I go to visit my OB/gyn, I'll be having more blood taken...but it will be a little different. They will be looking for some answers. And hopefully getting some.

As for work yesterday...all turned out well. I haven't had a supervisor sort of job in a while so it felt a little strange. But, at the end of the day, I had a couple of compliments from my co-workers. That always feels good.
Off to work now.

1 Comments:

  • At September 21, 2004 at 8:22 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    I'm sorry that Star won't be able to make it to the lab with you today. These reminders ARE hard.

    We'll be with you, your sistas, holding your hand in spirit.

    Let us know how it goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home