mu's world

nothingness

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Help please...

I kind of have a question...
When I read other women's blogs, I sometimes have a difficult time understand their abbreviations. Could I have a hand...if anyone has the time or energy? What are the basic ones that are used regularly on the sorts of blogs that I usually read (miscarriage/infertile/etc)?
If anyone has some key abbreviations, I'd really appreciate it.
I feel a little embarrassed that I've been up on blogging for a month now, but some things I still don't get.


2 Comments:

  • At September 25, 2004 at 8:49 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Hey, it's a language that we all have to get used to! Let's see if I can helpwith a few...

    TTC=Trying To Conceive
    DH=Dear Husband, Damn Husband, depends on the situation!
    BD=Baby Dance
    AF=Aunt Flo (menstrual period)
    FIL,SIL,MIL=Father-In-Law, Sister-In-Law, Mother-In-Law, etc.
    DD=Dear Daughter
    DS=Dear Son
    HPT=Home Pregnancy Test
    POAS=Pee On A Stick
    OPK=Ovulation Predictor Kit

    Ummm, that's a start! Does that help? Are there any specific that have stumped you??

     
  • At September 25, 2004 at 8:11 PM, Blogger Mias2Angels said…

    HI! Here are a few more

    O=ovulation
    PCOS=Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    ENDO=Endometriosis (sp?)
    BFN=Big Fat Negative (as in a pg test)
    BFP=Big Fat Positive
    TWW=Two week wait
    WTT=Waiting to test

    HTHs! Hope that helps ;-)

    Mia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home