mu's world

nothingness

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Good night

I just spent a very good last four and a half hours.
I had drinks with a woman I work with. It was very refreshing. I'm not used to just going out with people after work. But this women invited me...we had a stressful day at work. At first I was hesitant. I actually said no. But then I changed my mind and we ended up spending four hours at the pub talking and drinking. It was so good. Though we are in very different places, we have an awful lot of similarities. She's about six years older than me, but she's been married for the same amount of time to a man that sounds a lot like my husband. She doesn't have kids and at the time doesn't want children. She actually has a pretty terrible health problem with her lungs. I don't know the details. But...you can tell she's probably had some pretty tough times but she's an amazing woman and we really click. I feel like I've made a new friend and it makes me feel happy...as cheesy as that may sound. It was good to get to really talk to someone that you don't usually get to.
I had a good night. I feel really glad for that.

1 Comments:

  • At September 28, 2004 at 11:10 PM, Blogger Mias2Angels said…

    It's always nice to meet someone you click with. Good for you! This is an off cycle for me, so I will be enjoying a few of those drinks this month myself ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home